At Alhambra Dental Plaza, we recognize that the prospect of oral surgery can be intimidating, but our exceptional team of specialists is dedicated to putting your mind at ease. Serving the East Sac and Midtown communities, we pride ourselves on delivering personalized care, clear communication, and a genuine commitment to your well-being. Our goal is to make your oral surgery experience as seamless and stress-free as possible, ensuring you feel confident and relaxed throughout the entire process.
Read below or contact our oral surgery specialists in Sacramento, CA today to learn more about the surgical procedures we offer!
Wisdom Teeth Removal
Wisdom teeth, also known as third molars, are the last set of teeth to develop and typically emerge between the ages of 17 and 25. In many cases, there may not be enough space in the jaw for them to grow properly, leading to issues such as impaction, crowding, pain, infection, or damage to nearby teeth. At Alhambra Dental Plaza, our oral surgery team can safely and proactively address these issues through wisdom teeth removal.
The process begins with an initial consultation, where our surgical specialists will perform a comprehensive oral examination—including x-rays or 3D imaging, to evaluate the position, size, and development of your wisdom teeth. This information allows Alhambra Dental Plaza to determine if wisdom teeth removal is necessary and to plan the most appropriate course of action.
- Wisdom teeth removal is performed on an outpatient basis, allowing you to return home the same day.
- During the procedure, a small incision will be made in the gum tissue to expose the tooth and bone.
- If the tooth is impacted or partially erupted, it may be necessary to remove it in sections to minimize the impact on surrounding tissues.
- Once the tooth is removed, our surgical experts will clean the area and place sutures to help the gum tissue heal properly.
After the procedure, you can expect some degree of discomfort, swelling, and bleeding, which is normal and manageable with proper care. Our Alhambra Dental Plaza specialists will provide you with detailed post-operative instructions, including recommendations for pain management, oral hygiene, and dietary modifications. It is essential to follow these guidelines to ensure a smooth recovery and avoid complications, such as infection or dry socket.
A tori is a bony growth that can develop on the roof of the mouth (torus palatinus) or inside the lower jaw (torus mandibularis). While these growths are generally benign and asymptomatic, they may require removal in certain cases where they interfere with oral hygiene, cause discomfort or pain, or make it difficult to wear dentures or other oral appliances. At Alhambra Dental Plaza, our experts are experienced in performing tori removal procedures with precision—ensuring a smooth surgery and recovery.
Prior to the tori removal, we will discuss the process with you in detail, addressing any questions or concerns you may have. Tori removal is performed under local anesthesia, which numbs the area surrounding the growth. However, we understand that some patients may feel anxious or prefer sedation for increased comfort. our surgical team will discuss sedation options with you while planning the procedure, so you can make an informed decision.
- During the tori removal surgery, a small incision in the gum tissue will be made to expose the bony growth.
- Using specialized instruments, he will gently remove the torus and reshape the underlying bone as needed.
- Once the area has been adequately contoured, the gum tissue is repositioned, and sutures are placed to facilitate healing.
Recovery time varies depending on the size and location of the tori, as well as individual healing capacity. In general, patients can expect to heal within a few weeks, with most returning to their regular activities within a couple of days following the procedure.
A biopsy is a diagnostic procedure in which a small sample of tissue is removed and examined for the presence of disease, such as oral cancer or other abnormalities. Our biopsy specialists discover a suspicious lesion or growth during a routine dental exam, we may recommend a biopsy to determine the nature of the issue.
- Before the biopsy, we will thoroughly discuss the procedure with you, including the type of biopsy to be performed and what to expect during recovery.
- The biopsy itself is typically performed under local anesthesia to ensure minimal discomfort, although sedation options may be available for patients who are particularly anxious or require more extensive procedures.
- Once the tissue sample has been obtained, it will be sent to a pathology laboratory for microscopic examination and analysis.
- This process can take several days to a week, after which our specialists will discuss the results with you and recommend any necessary follow-up treatment or care.
When you choose Alhambra Dental Plaza for your oral surgery needs, you can rest assured that you are in excellent hands. Our surgical team are not only experts in the field, but we are also dedicated to keeping patient comfort a top priority. Together, our Alhambra Dental Plaza team will help you navigate the surgical process with confidence and achieve the best possible outcome.